Tesla’s and PPF are a common occurrence in our shop. Tesla’s are on the cutting edge and innovative technology and we’ve become the go to shop for them. Technology is awesome, we all love it, however we also love a great looking vehicle! PPF otherwise known as Paint Protection Film is not a new technology. However, the films on the market now-a-days have increased significantly over the years. Providing you with great rock chip, nick and scratch protection as well as hydrophobic and self healing properties, there’s not many reasons not to have PPF installed on your vehicle.
This client came to us with protection in mind and had a general idea of what they were wanting protected. A consultation was scheduled to be sure of what would be protected and how the installation of the PPF would go. We discussed the questions this client had, as we do with all clients and took the time to understand his wants and needs. Ultimately this client chose our Front End package which includes the following: Full hood, fenders, front bumper and mirror caps. This package is excellent for the client whom wishes to protect the most vulnerable areas; the front end. Once a package was chosen we scheduled the work!
Our Tried And True PPF Prep Process:
- All PH neutral cleaning supplies.
- 2 bucket wash system with grit guards.
- Chemical iron decontamination.
- Mechanical clay bar process.
- Panel prep alcohol solution on all panels and edges.
- All nooks and crannies blown out with high pressure air to remove hidden debris.
After prep of the vehicle is complete, it’s time for film! This process involves cutting the patterns to be used on our cutting edge Graphtec plotter using SunTek’s CORE software giving us the best package for PPF patterns. Film installation is started and typically takes a day to complete for most front ends however timing is always subject to specific vehicle makes and models. While we do “bulk install” some panels and have the professional know how to do so, a majority of the time we use patterns as they have increased significantly in their accuracy over the years! It should be noted however that some panels such as difficult hoods are best left for bulk install as we can manipulate the film better for difficult panel installations.
Our Tried And True Paint Protection Film Installation Process
- Patterns cut and prepped.
- Panels given and additional wipe down.
- Film applied to all panels.
- Edges that are to be wrapped are wrapped and tucked.
- Specific edges left to cure overnight prior to final wrapping.
- Vehicle remains inside climate controlled bay overnight.
- Remaining edges wrapped the next morning.
- All edges, necessary seams and relief cuts examined closely.
- All edges, seams and relief cuts heat sealed.
- Vehicle pulled outdoors for examination and remains for 1 hour minimum.
- Final inspection is performed and client notified vehicle is complete.
While our processes may seem lengthy to some, we believe strongly in them and stand behind the process to provide all clients with the absolute best installation possible. This Tesla exceeded our customers expectations as we’ve become known for highly detailed PPF installations. Rather you have a Tesla or another vehicle, you can rest assured that you will receive the best installation possible.
If you would like more information about this Tesla Model 3 or the the SunTek Ultra Clear Bra we used on this project or any of the other products or services we offer, click HERE. If you have questions about automotive window tint or would like a quote or to schedule an appointment, contact us by calling (910) 742-0579 or email us at email@example.com. We service the entire greater Wilmington, North Carolina area and look forward to serving you!