You’ve chosen to have SunTek Ultra Paint Protection Film installed on your vehicle. Great! Now the questions begin! How much protection do I need? How much will this cost? These are both very common questions we receive from clients looking into PPF for their vehicle. All things considered, the answer is not very complex however does vary from client to client and what exactly their end goal is. We offer 3 common packages for a front end as well as full vehicle protection. Albeit, clients are not limited to these packages so-to-speak and are always able to customize them to fit their needs.
The owner of this 2018 BMW X3 originally contacted us about window tinting as well as SunTek Ultra Paint Protection Film. This client opted to schedule the window film application which we installed SunTek Evolve on his front doors as well as Evolve 70% clear on his full windshield for maximum heat rejection, IR Rejection and UV ray protection. Excellent choice for the ultimate driving machine! After the application of window film, some time set aside to discuss his questions and concerns about SunTek Ultra Paint Protection Film (PPF). The final decision made was to go with our Partial Package. This is an excellent choice for the client whom wishes to protect the most vulnerable areas of their vehicle while keeping budget in mind. This package includes; full front bumper, partial hood which typically measures roughly 18″ from the front edge as well as partial fenders to match.
Install time! The client dropped his beautiful BMW X3 off with us the evening prior to film application. We got right to work prepping the vehicle which includes a 2 bucket wash system using PH Neutral strip wash, iron decontamination and clay bar service.
Our Tried And Trued Film Application Process
- Film application is handled first and foremost to all areas chosen to be protected.
- Detailed inspection of all edges, full panels, relief cuts. and seams.
- Initial edge wraps which can be performed at this stage are completed.
- Major trims needed to allow airflow for film edge to dry out is completed.
- Vehicle sits inside our climate controlled bay overnight to allow natural curing of any additional edges or trouble-prone areas.
- Final edge wrapping and heat sealing of all edges, seams and relief cuts are performed the next morning.
- Lastly the vehicle is moved outside and looked over once again and left to cure for 1 hour.
- After this 1 hour exterior curing process, we perform one final inspection of the film and vehicle.
- We then call the client and make them aware the vehicle is ready for pickup!
Undoubtedly our process may seem lengthy to some however we strongly believe in these steps to maintain the highest installation integrity possible.
- Generally not all edges can nor should be wrapped due to longevity concerns.
- What will and will not be wrapped is determined by us in order to provide you with an installation that lasts as long as it’s intended life expectancy.
If you would like more information about this BMW X3 or the the SunTek Ultra Clear Bra we used on this project or any of the other products or services we offer, click HERE. If you have questions about automotive window tint or would like a quote or to schedule an appointment, contact us by calling (910) 742-0579 or email us at email@example.com. We service the entire greater Wilmington, North Carolina area and look forward to serving you!